Studio Ore manufactures taps, showers and other fittings which are hand finished and polished. We endeavour to produce high quality and long lasting products, which stand the test of time both in their design and their quality. The hand-finished nature of our production means that there may be small imperfections in the finish of each item. These are not manufacturing faults and your product should function correctly. In the unlikely event that you do have faults with your product then this document lays out the terms of our warranty.
Repair or Replacement
The Studio Ore warranty covers repair and replacement of Studio Ore products. If within the applicable warranty period the covered products shall be proved to the satisfaction of Studio Ore to be defective, Studio Ore will, at its option, repair or replace such products provided that repair or replacement does not include installation costs, labour charges, or other incidental or consequential costs. If the products are used commercially the foregoing warranty is limited to a period of one (1) year from the date the product is purchased. All warranty claims must be made within the warranty period and must be accompanied by proof of purchase (original sales invoice). Products must be maintained and cleaned in accordance with the care or cleaning instructions, cleaning practices including without limitation the use of cleaners containing abrasive cleansers, ammonia, bleach, acids, waxes, alcohol, or solvents will void this warranty. Damage to a product caused by accident, misuse, or abuse is not covered by this warranty. Gloss reduction, scratching, staining, and alkaline etching of the finish over time due to use, cleaning practices, water, or atmospheric conditions are not manufacturing defects but are indicative of normal wear.
If you have a warranty claim and you bought through a third party you need to contact your reseller. If you purchased directly from Studio Ore then contact Studio Ore Customer Services (email@example.com). You will be sent a returns form and will be required to return the part for assessment before the warranty is activated.
Studio Ore’s warranty obligations are subject to the conditions and limitations set forth in this warranty information statement below.
2 Year Limited Mechanical & Metal Finish Warranty
Studio Ore warrants to the original purchaser or initial homeowner that all Studio Ore plumbing and accessory products installed in a residence and used solely for residential purposes will be free of mechanical defects and metal finish defects for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase of the products, so long as the original purchaser or initial homeowner continues to own and maintain the residence where the products are initially installed.
Limitations on warranty coverage:
The warranties set forth above shall be extended only to the original purchaser or initial homeowner and do not apply to any products used in whole or in part for commercial purposes unless otherwise noted.
The warranties do not apply to:
- Damage caused by normal wear and tear;
- Products which have been repaired, altered or modified in any way by the original purchaser or any person other than Studio Ore, unless previously authorised in writing by Studio Ore;
- Products repaired with parts other than original Studio Ore service parts, unless previously authorised in writing by Studio Ore;
- Products which have been installed, used, maintained or stored other than in accordance with the care and cleaning guidelines, installation guidelines and or product specifications provided to the purchaser by Studio Ore;
- Products which have been used for purposes other than or in a manner contrary to the intended and normal use;
- Products that have been used outdoors;
- Products which have been damaged as a result of misuse, negligence, freezing, accidental or faulty installation or maintenance;
- Products damaged by the effects of dirt, salt water, air, hard water, lime scale, or abrasive or aggressive cleaners;
- Products damaged from exposure to extremes of high or low humidity and/or to rapid temperature change as well as variations in appearance which result from the normal expansion and contraction of wood as it responds to climatic changes in the home;
- Products installed in a manner that does not comply with local code requirements; or
- Products sold “as is”.
If the normal life span of any product is shorter than the applicable warranty period, the warranty shall apply only during the period of such shorter life span. In no event shall Studio Ore be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or losses (including damages for loss of business, loss of profits, or the like) incurred by the purchaser. In no event shall the liability of Studio Ore under the warranty for any product exceed the purchase price of the product.
Implied warranties including that of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are expressly limited in duration to the duration of this warranty. Studio ore and/or seller disclaims any liability for special, incidental or consequential damages.
Some state/province/countries do not allow limitations on the duration of an implied warranty, or the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental or consequential damages; where this is the case these limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights, which vary from state/province to state/province. While Studio Ore uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information and photographs in the catalogue and on the website, Studio Ore makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of this information and these photographs. Studio Ore assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content or photographs in the catalogue or on the website.